Workplace (Health, Safety and Welfare) Regulations 1992
- “Role Call” brings greater efficiency and ensures compliance is maintained at all times.
- Employers take primary responsibility for others welfare, management of data and communication, “Role Call” helps make the task easier.
- The simplicity of “Role Call” is designed to help workers comply with their duty to take care of their own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by their action’s.
- Greater synergy between employers and co-workers and help everyone meet their legal requirements is our guarantee.
The Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999
- Safety plan: digitised, this plan will ensure that there is a governance structure within your company that ensures every worker clearly understands their safety obligations (and how to comply) and is accountable to carry out those obligations.
- Policies, procedures, and processes: digitised infrastructures and communication delivers all safety requirements, behaviour, expectations, record-keeping, incident reporting, and incident notification documentation with greater efficiency.
- Training and induction: depending on the nature of your workplace (whether it is low-risk or high-risk), everyone who enters your workplace will receive training and induction through a dedicated portal either before or on arrival. The training content will depend on the level of risk the person is exposed to.
- Monitoring: “Role Call” real time application ensures obligations to monitor your workplace are made easier using a digitised footprint to record circumstances and need. Always consider the level of risk. The higher the risk, the more frequent and detailed the monitoring needs to be.
- Supervision: the only way to ensure your workers are carrying out their safety obligations is to have adequate supervision, “Role Call” is the team member which will increase the level of safety control put in place to reduce a risk is low.
- Reporting: “Role Call” delivers the governance structure of your company, your safety requirements, ensuring reporting at all levels, not just at board level. Workers need to know what safety looks like – what is right and what is going wrong. This can only occur when they receive safety feedback from you, targeted SMS delivery ensures unparallel efficiency.
The Health and Safety at Work etc Act 1974
- “Role Call” offers an additional layer of security by communicating in real time policies that protect the ‘health, safety and welfare’ at work of all their employees, as well as others on their premises, including temps, casual workers, the self-employed, clients, visitors and the general public.
- The system helps ensure the general duty of employers “so far as is reasonably practicable” are maintained to the highest level possible at any given time.
Health and Safety (Safety Signs and Signals) Regulations 1996
- Safety signs and signals are required where, despite putting in place all other relevant measures, a significant risk to the health and safety of employees and others remains.
- “Role Call” delivers site and task specific safety signage with instruction by SMS in real time guaranteeing receipt along with unrestricted visibility.
- “Role Call” guarantees reduced costs, reduced risks, lower employee absence and turnover rates, fewer accidents, lessened threat of legal action by improved standing among suppliers and partners.
- “Role Call” offers a cost effective method of working which enhances any companies reputation for corporate responsibility among investors, customers and communities.